We're building a grand index!
Indexes are designed to help the reader find information quickly and easily. A complete and truly useful index is not simply a list of the words and phrases used in a publication (which is properly called a concordance), but an organized map of its contents, including cross-references, grouping of like concepts, and other useful intellectual analysis. Wikipedia
What does a digital index look like?
Pick up a copy of Bhagavad-gītā As It Is, and turn to the index at the back of the book; it’s quite the convenient way to get an overview of the book’s contents, in addition to finding what you’re looking for. Or perhaps something new sparks your interest? Imagine that you could click each of the entries, and in a second be transported to its corresponding paragraph, in context of its verse or page. For example, “Charity → given in goodness,” would link here.
Now imagine having a unified index of all of Srila Prabhupada’s books at your fingertips. And that’s what we would like to do!
What needs to be done
- Digitise all the indexes from Srila Prabhupāda’s books.
- Programmatically link to the corresponding page/verse.
- Manually link to paragraphs with optional search phrase.
Current status and timeframe
- The files of Bhagavad-gita are being formatted and linked.
- We pray to Krsna to help us complete all the books by 2020.
NB! Merely a sample. More to come. Donate to make us work fast!
- Ānandamaya-cinmaya planets
- Ānandamayo ’bhyāsāt
- Animal slaughter
- Asaṁśayaṁ samagram
- Āsuraṁ bhāvam āśrita